Have you seen the pastel sweet table inspiration that Lisa Renault Photographie and I created lately? I handcrafted 100% of the decor, quite a stimulating challenge for a DIY wedding blogger! Being a huge fan of decorative garlands, it quickly occurred to me that crafting a DIY tassel garland for our table could be pretty nice.
This is a super easy project, not expensive, and it will allow you to bring your color palette to any space. Choose some tissue paper that match yourt theme, and with the minimum of supplies, you will be able to create a nice tassel banner in no time! Here is a photo and a video tutorial that will give you all the necessary explanations.
Photo credits: Lisa Renault Photographie
3 hours for a 2 meter banner
- Tissue paper of the color of your choice (one sheet makes 4 tassels)
- Adhesive tape
1. Fold a tissue paper sheet lengthwise.
Fold again, vertically this time.
Fold it again the same way, to get an 8 layer rectangle.
2. Cut fringes but leave a 4 cm (1 inch) uncut on the top of your tissue paper sheet, on the side of the fold. Open the sheet and cut on the inside fold marks to get 4 fringed rectangles.
3. Open each rectangle and gently roll it from the bottom to the top to gather your fringes. Be very careful doing so as you could easily mix up your fringes and create knots on your tassels!
4. Slowly twist the center and fold it on itself to form your tassel. Boom! All there is left is to fix it with some adhesive tape and to do your other tassels following the same steps.
5. Finally, thread your tassels on your string: use the central opening and tie your string at the position you want your tassel to be.
That was easy, wasn’t it?
Do you like pastel shades and the soft mood of this pretty DIY tassel garland? Discover our pastel colors sweet table inspiration and the manytutorials that inspired this elegant and subtle decor!
Don’t hesitate to write to us to share your experiences if you decide to go ahead and try to craft your own tassel banner.