Vous pouvez embrasser la mariée would not exist without the beautiful pictures published on its page! With that said, we are constantly in search of new, creative & unique inspirations to showcase. If you have something beautiful, crafty or original, feel free to submit your event or DIY to be featured on our page!
We are currently looking for
- Real Weddings
- Engagements and/or Proposals
- DIY Weddings
- DIY Tutorials (with photo or video instructions)
- Your Inspirations
We absolutely adore creative & original DIY weddings and would love to inspire other brides and grooms through the publications of Real Weddings both across Canada and Internationally. We also publish a variety of comprehensive DIY tutorials & projects which contain the list of supplies needed, clear steps and quality illustrations. Our preference will go to those that include both details of the event and contain handcrafted items.
Who can submit?
Anyone can submit photos!
Whether you are a photographer, a florist, a wedding planner or newly married, we would love to hear from you! Our only requirement is that you must have the explicit written permission of both the couple (and if you are the couple submitting) – the photographer/vendor in order for us to consider your submission for publication.
How to submit?
- 20+ photos that truly capture the event (to help illustrate the ambiance & mood)
- Brief description of the event
- SUBMIT TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
If your submission is accepted, we will contact you within two weeks following the submission, in order to confirm the details of the event and to gather additional information as needed in order to complete the segment. We will also ensure that we have all the necessary links or social media pages of the vendors in question, in order to showcase their talents and give them the exposure they deserve!
We would love to feature pictures that are vibrant, bright, natural and with minimal alterations and visual effects.
- We prefer to receive 100-150 photos through DropBox; however, any other cloud based system will suffice
- Photos must be sized to 1000px wide by 72-dpi
- Photos should be unedited with no watermarks or logos (no borders, rounded edges or other layout format)
- We would like a mix of landscape & portrait images that are varying between colour and black and white
Key moments we would love to blog about:
- Individual portraits of bride and groom pre-ceremony
- ‘Getting Ready’ portraits of the bride and groom (especially the gown & tuxedo/suit)
- Photos of maid of honor and best man
- Ceremonial photos: venue, decor, aisle, bouquet, corsage, pictures of the guests and their reaction
- At least one photo of the kiss shared between the bride and groom..after all we are Vous pouvez embrasser la mariée
- Reception: venue, decor, table centerpieces (both guest’s table & couple’s table), floral arrangements etc.
- Most important, all items that have been handcrafted especially for the wedding! Our focus will be on the DIY’s, so feel free to send as many pictures capturing the details of these items.
The Little Extras We ♥
- Photos of the children involved in the ceremony
- Photos of the signature cocktails or wine served at the reception
- Photos of the place cards, table names and seating chart
- The guestbook
- The First Dance
- The wedding cake and/or sweets table
If you have created a tutorial for a DIY project and would like to have it featured on our blog, you can send an email to email@example.com with the following details:
- Complete list of the craft supplies needed
- Detailed step-by-step how to with explanations or video showing steps (can be submitted in French or English)
- Professional quality photos of DIY (before, during and final result)
Once your segment has been chosen for publication, we will use all of our social media outlets to showcase your wedding or DIY. However, in order to obtain more views, do not hesitate to spread the word and share the good news! For example, you can:
- Spread the Word! – Let everyone know that you will be featured on our blog : )
After Article is Released
- Share the article on your social media pages (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest etc.)
- Use our logo “featured on VPELM”, which will be sent with our confirmation
- Make reference to our article on your own personal blog (if applicable)
Lastly – we would like to thank you for taking an interest in submitting your inspiration with VPELM! We love discovering newfound talents and unique ideas & getting them from the source is even better! Look forward to working with you : )