A big wow in my head, a loud boom boom in my heart, a real crush for this hawaïan inspired wedding, kitsch and as colorful as you can get, with pineapples and pink flamingos! Words are weak and I almost miss some to describe what I felt when I discovered Stéphanie and Sébastien hawaïan wedding pictures, shot by the adorable and talented Merryl B. Photographe.
Here is a moving and different wedding… Be ready!
Stéphanie and Sébastien’s kitsch and colorful wedding
Steph and Seb met at school, way before they started to date each other. It’s in Montreal, years later, that they both fell one for another. Nearly 5 years later, during a trip to Hawaï, Sébastien popped the question to his loved girlfriend, above a volcano, lightened by molten magma. Guys! Does it get any more romantic than that?
The wedding of these two lovebirds took place in Domaine évasion plein air, Harrington, Quebec. I love the format ”a week-end in the cottage” ‘they picked. And I’m not even talking about the super original theme chosen: pink flamingos and pineapples (Kitsch and Tiki!). You can tell they both love color and humour, and it’s refreshing. The fact their inspiration comes from the place they got engaged (Hawaï) only makes everything even more personal and adorable!
Their 70 guests enjoyed a whole week-end full of festivities with a singer, hot-dogs for lunch, pedal boats, swimming and volleyball as a prelude to the wedding. Then Steph and Seb’s wedding ceremony happened, under a beautiful sunlight. They were surrounded by pink flamingos and the lakeshore was just a perfect setting for their day.
After a funny and moving ceremony, guests had some refreshments during an outdoor cocktail à l’extérieur, with a beer made-to-measure by a brewer friend of the newlyweds, tasting like hops and… Pineapple!
In Stéphanie’s Words
”The myth a wedding is expensive is not always true. It is possible to work on a budget with a little bit of imagination. Shopping online is a great way to save on costs. For example, we decided to buy our tableclothes, table runners and chair decors online, on an american website. The purchase and shipping fees ended up being even less costly than renting here in Quebec.”
Items made with love for the wedding
- Pennant banner all around the ceremony’s gazebo, made with cardboard, paint, ribbon and hot glue (our tutorial for a no-sew pennant banner is here)
- Blue knots on ceremony benches
- Burlap knots with flamingo ribbon that family and maids of honor were wearing
- Bow tie for the officiant, made with material, paint and hot glue
- Colouring book for young kids (download our printable version here)
- Rings box
- Bride’s bouquet, made of painted material flowers, glued with old jewels and ornaments
- Centerpieces, made of pineapples, bottles of beer, painted wine bottles, painted material flowers and a wood sign with guests names
- Guest book, which was a notebook covered with burlap and paint
- Decoration of the table of honor: cardboard letters and the flamingo painting done by the bride
- Wood sign at the site’s entrance (Mariage de Sébastien et Stéphanie)
Steal this idea
A photobooth with full scale bride and groom cardboard mascots! An excellent idea for a different and fun photobooth for the guests.
What stunning and images! Congratulations to this young couple that sincerely took my breath away with their unique Hawaïan mood for their big day. Cheerfulness, color, an outstanding venue and a 100% DIY decor: here are ingredients you can reuse without hesitation!
Photographer: Merryl B. Photographe
Hair: Geneviève d’amour and Kim Martin Koiffure
Caterer: Restaurant Place Deschamps
Venue: Domaine Évasion Plein air
Online purchase of tableclothes, table runners and chair bows: http://www.tableclothsfactory.com/Default.asp
Pink flamingos: The pink flamingo site