Decorating your ceiling is an easy and powerful way to give personality to your wedding venue, or to any reception venue, for that matter! Many options are possible, starting with garlands. String lights and pennant or pompom banners will occupate the space and bring color to your sky.
Have you also given thought into hanging elements? Imagine your decor dotted with hanging lanterns: they will bring a cozy and definitely trendy feel to your room! Today, the project I would like to talk to you about is filled with softness and is very easy: a DIY hanging lace lantern that evokes the delicacy of clouds.
Thanks to Michaels craft stores for sponsoring this article and supplying everything that was necessary!
Photo credits: Lisa Renault Photographie
All the necessary supplies were kindly provided by Michaels crafts stores.
- A paper lantern
- Paper lace doilies
- Double sided adhesive tape
- Regular adhesive tape
1. Unfold the paper lantern and follow the instructions to build it.
2. Starting with the bottom, cover your lantern with lace doilies. Tape them and don’t be afraid to have the tape visible for now: each doily will be covered by another one. Progressively wrap your lantern with your paper doilies following the method.
3. Once you reach the top of your lantern, carefully fold your doilies for them to fit the rounded opening.
4. Finish your DIY hanging lace lantern by putting double sided adhesive tape on each doily to avoid it coming off.
That was easy, wasn’t it? Decorate your ceilings with these pretty DIY hanging lace lanterns and create them in various sizes for fun! Feel free to mix them with garlands, banners, or other hanging elements such as yarn spheres or tissue paper balls for a nice heterogen mix of textures.
A decor full of diversity and unmatching elements is very trendy. My advice: aim for pieces of decor that complement each other and have some fun pairing them!